Sep 13, 2010

Lifestyle Maintenance (TM)

Perhaps attaching a schedule to boring household tasks will help them to complete themselves. After I flesh it out here, I may consider putting these things on my google calendar for some depressing reminders weekly.

1. Laundry. It is now clear to me that laundry day should be Monday. This will be better than simply waiting until no one has any underwear left and declaring that day "Floating Laundry Day."

2. Plants. How could I be so duuuumb? Plants need water! Plants should be watered every Friday. Don't forget plants in pots outside front door. This is somehow related in my mind to the idea of Shabbat. Tikun Olam! Speaking of Shabbat, we should consider Doing It. But that goes into another potential post about Increasing Spiritual/Traditional Rituals.

3. Exercise. Why do I always stumble over how to spell "exercise"? I need to establish a routine. Here's a start:

a. Yoga. My knee injury from February of this year has set me back, so I'm a little afraid of regular (sweat-breaking) yoga classes. Need to consider Level 1 or the All Levels class. Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesday at 7:15 at Kaya. Also, Thursdays for Restorative if all else fails. Sunday at 7 is Bollywood Dancing at Kaya (following yoga from 4:00-6:30). Sunday at 10am at the Bo Tree.

b. Pilates. Can do Pilates either at home on Netflix, every morning? Tuesdays and Thursdays at the DAC, but need to sign Baby D up for the childcare.

c. Dance. At FDF, Belly Dance Technique 7:30 on Mondays, BalleTone at 6:30 on Wednesdays, Macumba at 6:30 on Sundays followed by HipHop at 7:30. Also, after Oct. 4 - Drumming followed by Iranian (8:30 and 10 pm) on Tuesdays, BellyDance at 8:30 on Wednesdays, Fiesta AfroLatina at 8:30 on Thursdays, BalleTone moves to 7:30 on Thursday.

d. Swimming. Screw it. It's getting too cold for non-heated pools.



Shopping List:

- buy short length of hose and timer for mindless front door plant irrigation.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I missed you.

3:11 PM  
Blogger lil miss dubin opined...

Yeah! Bollywood! Rules. Also: If you do hip-hop, you are cooler than me with fewer bad memories of embarrassment in junior high P.E.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Dubin opined...

Anonymous: Who are you? I can hear you breathing.

Dub: See? Blogging. It's like talking to yourself in real life! I would only do hiphop if it's a certain kind of hiphop. Like, in Philly it would be daunting. In Davis, it might be old white people. You never know.

3:56 PM  
Blogger amanda bee opined...

ack. That was me. I wasn't paying attention. I mean, after I said that I was like, oh wait, that came out weird and I couldn't figure out how to make it not weird and then the phone rang and I remembered I still wanted to eat lunch. Anyway. Sorry.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home