May 14, 2007

I'm sorry!

Dear Blog,

I realize that I am not giving you the attention that I had hoped to give you. I know you understand that there are things going on in my life right now that are a bit distracting, but I also know that it's not your problem and you shouldn't be made to feel ignored or neglected.

Sometimes we all have to make sacrifices. That's what being a family's all about! For example, Nani is going to have to stop sitting on the counter where the amp used to be, because that's going to be where the changing area is. We are probably going to move her food to some other counter, since my mom thinks it's gross to keep catfood on the kitchen counter anyway (and she's probably right, given where those paws have been. Ew.)

Carmen will also need to make sacrifices. She's going to have to learn how to not step on people's feet all the time, and how to not kick Dean in the head by accident. It's time Carmen got a better understanding of where exactly her body parts are in space, relative to other objects. And she will be asked nicely not to eviscerate Dean's toys, and to refrain from pulling the plastic eyes off of things.

As for you, you just have to sit tight and understand that sometimes new family members come along that demand a little more attention for a period of time than you do. We will get you things to make you feel honored, like a tee-shirt that says, "I'm the Big Sister!" but we require your patience and help, ok? Can you do that? Do you think you can help Mommy and Daddy by being extra good for a while? Perhaps you might consider writing a few entries on your own - I could even check the spelling for you and make helpful comments here and there.

If you can manage to be nice and patient for a whole month, I will take you to Kiddie City and let you pick out any game you want.

Love,
Dubin

7 Comments:

Blogger lil miss dubin opined...

...or perhaps kiddie city will be out of business by the time you are due your reward, as is kiddie city's way.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Dubin opined...

No way, is that what happened? They went out of business before you got your toy that you were supposed to get for stopping scratching your mosquito bite on your nose? I bet Moms told you there were no other toy stores, huh. Well, that was a fib. There WERE other toy stores! Oh, the humanity.

2:57 PM  
Blogger mexi melt opined...

and now dubin is always picking at something on her person and looking around to see if she can bribe someone into bribing her to stop.

3:51 PM  
Blogger lil miss dubin opined...

ok, allow me to set the record straight:

it was grandpop who said i could pick out anything i wanted from kiddie city if i stopped picking the mosquito bite on my nose long enough for it to heal. which ended up being like a year later, and yes, kiddie city was out of business.

and yes, this sort of thing is a pattern for me (thanks for calling me out, mexi). i really think i'm some version of a cutter who picks instead of cuts. and this is mde worse by my tendency to get crajor (crazy, major) bug bites. it's my lot, ok? little sympahy? dang.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Dubin opined...

Wait. Did you or did you not get a toy out of this whole thing?

I also get crajor bug bites. In fact, right now my legs look like I have the pox. But so far not enough to go to Urgent Care.

4:08 PM  
Blogger amanda bee opined...

are you saying that lil'dub picked her crajor bug bite so hard that Grandpop (was that Grandpa Jack of the livatune and the carraway cheeze whiz?) had to take her to the Emergency Room?

I thought only I did shit like that.

Meanwhile, can we pause for a moment and try to square our heads around the fact that unless I'm missing something, the next time I see you, you will be a mom?

Double meanwhile, I know, my turn.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

It's Moms in person, amazed to find how much publicity I get in your blogs. Moms never fibs. We went to all the toy stores in town. Remember the Cabbage Patch Doll search?

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home