Feb 8, 2007

22 Passed Out



Ok, I know I've been a deadbeat blogger and these piddly efforts to let you all know I'm still here are not that compelling. Still, since I'm short of the time/peace of mind to post anything substantial these days, I wanted to share this billboard that was in the neighborhood we were staying in while in Pune. Now if you want to be a T.E.H., you know who to call.

P.S. I am all busy these days due to my actual job, renovating my house, taking my A.R.E.s (Architectural Registration Exams, have another one on Monday -- there are nine total), sitting around being overwhelmed at the prospect of doing the laundry BECAUSE THERE'S JUST SO MUCH OF IT, HOW DID THERE GET TO BE SO MUCH OF IT??, and thinking seriously about reading the books about pregnancy and childbirth that AEW mailed me. Today my O.B. asked me if I had a pediatrician picked out yet. I freaked a little. Why am I always feeling mildly overwhelmed by life, even when I'm having fun?

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber opined...

Because even when it's fun, life is HARD. Just wait until you have a little baby and have to go back to work. Forget about laundry; you won't even have time to pee.

(Which begs the question -- how do I have time to read your blog? Secret, stolen moments, my friend. Why didn't I marry a man with a job??)

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Do you actually need a pediatrician already? Sheesh.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Amber opined...

They love to be at the ready in case baby comes early. I'm sure deangreen will bake the recommended number of weeks, though.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sheila Tone opined...

sitting around being overwhelmed at the prospect of doing the laundry BECAUSE THERE'S JUST SO MUCH OF IT, HOW DID THERE GET TO BE SO MUCH OF IT

Oh, you've seen nothing yet when it comes to laundry. ;)

My baby came early (inducement), and we didn't have a pediatrician picked out. Somehow we managed. There was one at the hospital, and then we went to someone they referred, then found someone else. I was probably calling for advice at least twice a week the first six weeks.

If you haven't decided whether you want him circumcised, now is probably the time to discuss it. Nowadays you have to schedule a special appointment, they don't do it at the hospital. And most health insurance only pays for it within the first 30 days or so.

If you like the Internet, make sure you've got a good laptop. And practice typing with one hand. You'll be immobilized for long, and random, periods of time while feeding the baby. It's amazing how much time goes into feeding a baby. Internet is easier than turning pages, and there's often nothing good on TV that late at night.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home