Aug 23, 2006

Blogs, dogs, and pickles (in that order)

It's a lot of pressure to write a blog that six people read. You want to really give your all to those six people, and not half-ass the thing. That means some days, when a fully formed post is right there in your head but you don't have time to tap it out, you just skip it altogether because you want each post to be a self-contained nugget of wisdom and if that's not what you have time for, then you'd rather not just blather on about what happened today and blah blah blah.

That said, this is what happened today: we have two dogs instead of one. Not permanently, but for two weeks. We have Ravi, who is Carmen's Number One Main Squeeze. She is very popular and has a lot of boyfriends (because she has a nice personality and is a terrific athlete), but Ravi is the guy she loves the best. Patty (Ravi's owner) and I have discussed how serious this has become, and we think it's ok for them to be going steady as long as they're more or less supervised.

Anyway, so there's two of them and they're the same size and shape and color and everything, although Ravi looks more like a guy somehow. They like to lie around biting each other's necks and snorgling. Today we were watching them do this, and all of a sudden I see a small piece of poop on the floor. A little round piece, like a large milk dud. I yelled "not it" even though it was a really small piece and went upstairs to close the door to the closet with the cat's litterbox, because obviously Ravi must (like Carmen) be interested in cat box snax.

Turns out it was just the end of a small pickle. Seriously, it wasn't poop. It was the end of a pickle! How does the end of a small pickle wind up on the floor? No one knows, but that's exactly what it was. It was good for some chortling... we thought it was poop and it was a pickle!

In other news Carmen is totally vexing. She keeps peeing on the floor. We went back and forth, thinking it was a "leak" because sometimes it was so small and seemed to happen while she was sleeping. Now, three days in a row she has peed robustly on a spot on the carpet. We have diligently Bisseled it up each time. We don't know what else to do, I mean, the girl has it good! T.J. takes her to the dog park TWICE A DAY! It's like two hours or more of each day of his life! Let's see, two hours out of... how many hours is a person awake? Let's say 15. That means that T.J. devotes over 13% of his waking life to exercising the doggie!

We are at a loss. Please help us.

7 Comments:

Blogger amanda bee opined...

Just so you know, your entry into the blogosphere, in addition to forcing me to cave and start calling "notes" a blog, has me thinking way more about what I write. I feel like I have to finish thoughts and apologize for technical explanations that I am really just setting out for myself so that I can find them later.

I fret way more about my tone and wit, since I have to keep up with all the other witty blogs. It is a struggle, I tell you.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Erica opined...

I am stuck on the fact that you are estimating 15 hours of awake-time per day. That means nine hours of sleep. Each night. My sleep-sensors (I have grown those in the last few months) are drooling.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Dubin opined...

I know, right? I'm jealous myself, because every morning I get up way before I want to and kiss T.J. on the forehead and leave, and he goes back to sleep. So while I don't actually know how much sleep he gets, I'm thinking 12:30 pm to 9 am, so maybe it's more like 16. But sometimes he doesn't sleep so well, so who knows how much of that is quality R.E.M. sleep. But I do admit that I get maybe 7 hours of sleep a night and it's really not quite enough. I wish I made it a priority to go to bed earlier.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Megan opined...

Eh, I'm putting way more work into crafting each piece than I ever thought I would. The timestamps, however, should tell you where that time is coming from.

Carmen and Ravi sound sweet. I have no advice for you on the peeing.

12:32 PM  
Blogger lil miss dubin opined...

good thing you write about pee and poop and pickles, and not scandalous things like your sister, because your mom knows how to fing them.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I shot my wad on the last peeing post. She is trying to tell you something, but dammit, I don't know what. I am, as they say, more of a cat lady.

As one of the six people who regularly read, I want to encourage you to post daily, maybe multiple times each day. You and Go Fug Yourself are my favorite breaktime diversions.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Lazlo here. Just checking in.

Yeah, what aew said--more entries!!! I like thinking about you typing away under your futuristic ceiling fan.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home