Aug 22, 2006

Slight Diversion until I compose my real post

My boss is famous among his staff for answering a question with a question. And also for responding to specific, clearly-delineated, simple requests with emails that say, "Let's talk. Call me on my cell." He always requests that you call him on his cell, instead of calling you directly, and then he is never there because he's always busy, so he has to call you back anyway after you leave a voicemail. Which he hardly ever does. And he is also well known for ignoring your emails completely because he, "gets so many emails a day, really, you have no idea."

Today, I received this from a coworker who we will refer to as Brand New Dad:

BND says, "I was going through old e-mails looking for some info from Genghis and just for fun I compiled his responses to all my questions since January. I asked a lot more questions; these are only the ones he actually responded to. Italicized text indicates when he actually answered my question. I am not making this up."

Let’s talk.
G

Folks:
We need to resolve this today.
Thanks
G

Let's talk about this first.
Thanks
G

I would respectfully disagree.
Let’s talk
G

Let’s review this on Tuesday when I get back.
Thanks
G

Please go to my office and look the documents.
The right answer will come from them.
G

I do.
Let’s talk.
G

Can we have a conference call later on today?
Please call me on my cell.
Thanks
G

Please call me on my cell after 4:00 PM.
Thanks
G

I would appreciate it if we talk about this at our 1:00 PM conference call.
Thanks
G

No.
But we should be able to locate them.
Let’s talk late this PM.
Thanks
G

Let’s review later on today in person.
Thanks
G


Let’s review with the team later on today.
Thanks
G

Let’s discuss tomorrow.
Thanks
G

Please see me on this also.
Thanks
G

Please see me on this.
Thanks
G

CONFIRMED.
G

Why don’t you bring the info and we can look at the issues in my office.
I will be on a conference call until 2:00 PM.
Thanks
G

I will look at this tomorrow.
G

Chuck has the originals.
Thanks

Let’s discuss first thing in the morning.
Thanks
G

I am not sure that I would agree.
Let’s talk about this

No.
Please call me on this.
Thanks
G

No.
Let’s talk about this.
Thanks
G

1 Comments:

Blogger lil miss dubin opined...

at least you work in an office where there are real people (albeit real people who write lame go-nowhere emails, but still), and not at home alone with your cat and your itchy myspace finger. i think offices are underrated. said it, meant it.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home