Nov 30, 2006

Anti-intellectual Property

I hate to be an ungracious receiver of information. Megan thought I would like the Beautiful Revolution and I just couldn't get over the flagrancy with which this guy copies David Shrigley!

Here are some examples. By the way, there is no moral to this tale except that one should never copy anything unless the copy is funnier than the original, which, like, never happens.

ON FEAR

A Beautiful Revolution :



David Shrigley:



ON PENS

A Beautiful Revolution:



David Shrigley:


ON TREES

A Beautiful Revolution:



David Shrigley:


ON OPTIMISM

A Beautiful Revolution:



David Shrigley:

ON DIAGRAMS

A Beautiful Revolution:



David Shrigley:


ON WRITING THINGS WITHIN A CIRCLE

A Beautiful Revolution:



David Shrigley:

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan opined...

Wow. I didn't take that as your being an ungracious receiver of information; I'm just glad I guessed your tastes as well as I did. I know I'm on the right track when I hit on someone who is startlingly like your favorite scribbler, whom I hadn't known about. I'll keep looking around for you.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Amber opined...

I hope DS responds to this scandal, preferably in comic form. (BTW, Josh saw the DS show at the Hammer and got me this . It is awesome.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Dubin opined...

I got paranoid because A Beautiful Revolution pulled some of their images, to which I had linked directly. (That's why the pen cartoon changed to a different one.) So I felt like Andre (the guy behind ABR) had read my blog and got pissed off. Maybe that actually is what happened, maybe not.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Sheila Tone opined...

Not to lower the level of discourse, but neither of these artists remind you even a little of Drew from Toothpaste for Dinner?

I think it's something about Internet comix in general.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Dubin opined...

Oh, yes. I bet Drew is a disciple of David Shrigley, too. But let's not forget who the real deal is. Others may immitate, but no one hits the mark entirely (and I like Toothpaste for Dinner in general).

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home