Oct 1, 2006

Blogger Atrophy

I've noticed my sister isn't posting so often, and I can totally understand. You think to yourself, how do I do what Megan does? She has such stamina. Younger Dubin pointed out that Meg has something brilliant to say almost every day, and I said I hoped it was because she was slacking nicely at her state government job. Secretly I suspect it doesn't really take her that long to drop her wisdom, so maybe she actually gets work done, too.

Right now, T.J. is sitting behind me facing the opposite direction. I am at my desk and he is at his. And he is playing World of Warcraft. That's right kids, T.J. has gotten himself involved in the Massively Multiplayer game world, which means that instead of playing Oblivion or Table Tennis downstairs on the Xbox 360, he's upstairs playing WoW on his new lappy. I already made him wear earphones while he's doing it, so I don't have to listen to all the sounds of monsters and animals getting whacked with swords. I want to spend time with him, but I don't think we should become the kind of couple who sit facing opposite directions playing the same game at the same time in the same fake universe.

Maybe what this means is that I should escape by going back downstairs and having my own reunion with the 360. I hear that Dance Dance Revolution is coming out for it -- all I would need would be the game and one dance pad... in case... anyone's... listening... who wants to buy me a present.

10 Comments:

Blogger Megan opined...

No no. I owe the taxpayers hours and hours of my time.

Funny you should mention this today, 'cause over on my blog I'm about to admit that I got nothing.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Erica opined...

See, but Megan talks about stuff like water and frisbee, which is interesting and intelligent and so forth, but doesn't make my little heart go pitty-pat. in the absence of having a dating life of my own, i want to hear about other people's. your sister always has amusing boy stories; i think she should blog more.

10:11 PM  
Blogger bobvis opined...

No one has ever listened to me, but the truth is:

MEGAN ISN'T REAL.

She's written by a committee of shirking, overweight programmers. Someday I'll get enough proof to go public with this. Until then, I'll be watching every post for the inevitable slip-up.

11:17 PM  
Blogger bobvis opined...

Oh, and that comment doesn't count as "going public."

11:18 PM  
Blogger Megan opined...

Maybe this fall the Committee will let me "date" again. They're probably working on a storyline for that right now.

10:22 AM  
Blogger bobvis opined...

Megan and Her Dating Issues is always a crowd-pleaser. Pass on my initial intrigue to the management.

12:10 PM  
Blogger amanda bee opined...

I've had to make some rules for myself about not blogging just for the sake of blogging.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Dubin opined...

Whatever happened to DAN? The writers should write him back into the script and you can date him.

9:36 PM  
Blogger bobvis opined...

DAN? Is he like HAL? Is that why her last post was about sci-fi?

10:29 PM  
Blogger lil miss dubin opined...

ok this is very funny. i was so out of the blogging world during my two-week vanishing act that i almost missed this funny thread. first of all, it is comforting to think that megan may be a highly advanced blogging robot, not one of us human types who gets busy and feels guilty and then feels extra guilty and then guilty to the point of wanting to pull her blog instead of sepnding 20 minutes posting to it. and yes, megan--and you too, sista--can write about most stuff and make it intersting. but i think my, er--base--knows that i write about boys and i don't want to disappoint. and i can't write about the boy stuff that's happening right now, because that's not yet processable, and too dangerous to write about at this point anyway. so i have to store some stuff in my holster and get to blogging about it eventually.
ps: speaking of old, processable boys--dub, your most recent comment on my blog gave me the giggles. i'd had the same mini heart attack you did. xox

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home